Bandrone is used for treatment and prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. The medicine contains bandronic acid
and belongs to a class of medications known as bisphosphonate. It functions by preventing the breakdown of bone by bone cells known as osteoclasts.
Available in 50 mg & 150 mg tablets & also as a 6 mg vial. Dosage:
The medicine may be taken daily, but it is the only oral biphosphonate which is approved to be taken monthly.
Symptoms of overdose associated with the medicine includes stomach upset, gastrointestinal problems, hypocalcemiam and dyspepsia.
Precautions and warnings:
- Not recommended for patients who are allergic to the medicine
- Not suitable for persons suffering from kidney problems
- Pregnant women must consult doctor before taking the course medicine. Appropriate usage of birth control is recommended
The medicine interacts with the following:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents
- Back pain and asthenia
- Urinary tract infection
- Allergic reaction
- Bronchitis and pneumonia
- Headache,dizziness and vertigo
- Nerve root lesion
- joint disorder and arthritis
- Dyspepsia and diarrhea
- Vomiting and gastritis